The Large Hall is said to have the largest and best wooden dance floor in Adelaide. The large hall boasts an impressive entrance and has one of the largest timber dance floors in Adelaide. It lends itself to social functions, theatre productions, quiz nights, music and choral concerts, receptions, conferences, exhibitions, trade shows and displays. It also has side street access.
The large stage is fully usable and there are convenient change rooms and ample storage in the basement area.
Along one side of the hall, extends a bar, a kitchen and cool room.
Emergency exits are well positioned.
24.30m x 14.70m
Stage 14.70m x 7.78m
Capacity (theatre style): 420
Capacity (dinner style): 420
Capacity (cocktail style/standing): 450
Ideal for: Musical and choral concerts, quiz nights, stage plays, social functions, receptions, conferences/seminars, exhibitions, trade shows, displays, cocktail parties.
- polished wooden floor
- large in-built stage
- three sets of stage curtains
- large understage area with dressing rooms
- adjoining large self contained kitchen with cupboards, sinks, storage areas and ample bench space
- large commercial ovens (at extra charge)
- microwave oven
- refrigerator, cool room
- commercial dishwashing machine
- bar (liquor permit is to be obtained by the hirer if alcohol is to be sold)
- male, female and disabled toilets (inside and outside)
- trestle tables
- data projector and screen
- lectern (upon request)
- professional lighting and audio facilities including mixing desk, CD player, microphones, cabling, stands, speakers (Mackie Active SA1232). Spotlights and stage lights (at extra charge)
- air conditioning/heating
- wheelchair user access
- after hours access
- limited on site car parking (up to 12 spaces)
- unrestricted on street parking on weekdays after 5pm and on weekends
Note: Additional charges apply for use of the kitchen, sound system and stage lighting, functions close at midnight